Something is wrong.
I can feel it as I open my eyes. It is cold…too cold. And it is dark. I never awaken in the darkness. Where is the light?
The time on my clock radio must be wrong. It says 6AM. It is a time I am unfamiliar with. What is this ‘AM’ thing? What does it mean? I’ve only seen ‘PM’ on clocks before…
I am dragged out of bed by irate parents who seem to disapprove of my plan of going back to sleep. Holding onto the bed does not help. In my sleepy state I am weak. Apparently sleeping all day is too much to ask for. They also do not approve of my plan to bum around the house in my pjs all day, and I am unceremoniously thrown into the shower. A cold, unforgiving shower. Oh, the horror, the trauma! The chill has yet to leave my bones.
I find myself at the table. There is something strange in front of me…a box…of cornflakes? What IS this inedible thing? Where is LUNCH??
Break..fast?
What?
Breakfast….huh? What IS that?
Clearly, my parents are trying to poison me by making up a meal. But everyone knows that there are only two meals a day- Lunch and Dinner…
After not ingesting the poisonous food, I find myself outside…at this ungodly hour…and I see a strange glowing ball rising in the eastern sky…a UFO? A strange cloud? My own madness? perhaps…but no…maybe…it is…THE SUN. It can’t be…it has always been in the west…
It is then I realize where I am…I am on…
The Other Side of Noon
No comments:
Post a Comment