…is a rather strange place.
For the past few weeks, I have been roaming the corridors of this institution, not as an annonymous student, but as a tutor. (Yes. I know. What were they thinking, putting the future of the youth in MY irresponsible hands?)
I have classes in the same class rooms in which I used to attend classes (in body, not mind)…except I sit at the front…with everyone staring at me…expecting me to know all the answers….Oh God. I just remembered. I have stage fright….
And my first name is apparently no longer Cini. It’s now Miss. “Miss! Do we have class tomorrow?” “Miss! I don’t understand!!” “MISS could you repeat please??” Although, I must say, it is weirdly gratifying to hear myself referred to as such. Throughout my childhood, individuals with such titles were usually those in authority. So yeah, I’ve got a bit of a power complex going on. You got a problem with that? Well, I just gave you ZERO. YEAH.
I’ve realised that UWI is a lot more fun now that I don’t have to attend any actual classes. There are so many pleasant things to do. Like visit the scenic engineering pond and play Spot the Caiman. Or take a drive with friends and window shop. Explore all the little eating places that seem to springing up around campus (albeit at risk for food poisoning). Sit under the trees on a bench and commune with nature (except when the seeds fall on your head. Communing ends there).
It’s a pretty sweet deal.
Behind the desk. It’s an awesome place to be.
Huh, ^^ nice. How cool that you're getting it from both ends of the spectrum
ReplyDeleteHey you forgot to mention Rituals...But there is no doubt that the desks you are sitting behind will grow in stature as time goes by. Today you are Tutorer Tomorrow you will be Campus Principal! All the best my friend!!!
ReplyDeleteahh yes...it's like...gaining perspective lol
ReplyDeleteomg how could i forget rituals...but then again I only go there with you n shari...it's usually filled with smallies lol...ahaha,when I have reached such heights I shall make you Dean of Mockiness :D
Ugh, smallies on my past turf, how annoying -_- I thin Rituals is the only place I see both students and tutors/ lecturers. :S
ReplyDeleteI know right! It's like the uwi watering hole...remember back in year 1 everyone used to walk around with chillers? now it's smoothies lol
ReplyDeleteJesus, I spent all my fricking money in year one on chillers -_- And now I really don't like them. The smoothies, I like, ^^ In year two, my friends and I used to mix them white vodka and malibu and stuff. Like the pineapple coconut smoothie, and the peach pizazz. But I think now they have the specials right? I don't go to UWI often. On an off note, I dunno, the new year ones, where are the good looking ones?? -_- :P
ReplyDeleteWould you believe, I've never had a smoothie? lol...I resist new things *sigh*...year ones...I actually know one or two who are good looking...I believe they are hiding in that labyrinth known as Natsci lol
ReplyDeleteI think UWI needs a Dean of Mockiness! I think that an area kids today for survival in this mockie world! WE are the Future and I can safely say the Future is in good hands. We will be marked in the books of History for evolutionalising the current system to a more dynamic and fun environment where learning is now mockie, creating versatile leaders of tomorrow! WE ROCK!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI think this generation is defined by that song Daft Punk had out, Technologic -_- Lol, Mock on.
ReplyDelete