I cannot express how much I love Midnight in Paris. I’ve been watching it obsessively for a few weeks now, and I love it more and more each time. I want a million sequels, some prequels and a video game. Lol.
I want to party with the Fitzgeralds, and chill with Hemingway and get Gertrude Stein to critique my essays for me.
The idea that you could escape to another time is so appealing. Especially if that era was the 1920s- decadence with class. Imagine meeting your long dead heroes, the questions you could ask them or simply hanging with them. The present by comparison, is dull, boring, uninspiring.
I’d want to meet Marilyn, Che, Castro, Jane Austen, Durkheim, Marx, and Freud. In the 1950s. Imagine the conversation. Imagine the HEIGHTS. Given that this set is an eclectic bunch from various eras and countries, my version will be called Midnight in Port of Spain and will take place on the avenue.
It’s slightly depressing to know that I’m trapped in the here and now. I can never leave this time.
But I’ll do what I can to make it as beautiful as possible :).
No comments:
Post a Comment