Rebecca Black
Friday.
Who is she?
What does it mean?
Perhaps the song intends to highlight some important societal issues. For instance, the absence of a verb in the statement “We so excited” could be emphasising the poor education system. She may also be rebelling against the proper grammar inflicted upon her by her elders. Verbs are evil. We must leave them out!
But she does emphasize the importance of knowing the days of the week. I never knew that Thursday came before Friday and that Saturday and Sunday followed. Thank you Rebecca. You have done the world a great service.
The video shows her and her friends driving and partying. Now, when I was 12 I do not recall being allowed to drive or party. She is clearly stating that she has the coolest parents, and others ought to let their underaged children do the same. She is fighting for the rights of children to partayyyy!
The random black rapper is clearly a pedophile or drug dealer. Just part of the smallie party scene.
‘Friday’ also shows the difficult decisions teens have to make on a daily basis. Bus? Or friend’s convertible? Front seat? Or back seat? FRONT SEAT???? Or BACK SEAT??? WHERE SHOULD SHE SIT????
Obviously, this song is not perfect. She neglects Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We can only hope that these will be covered in her next highly anticipated single.
Who is she though? No one seems to know. It is quite possible that she is the wicked spawn of Ke$ha and Justin Bieber, heralding the end of times.
She may also be a robot. (Her heavy autotuning is a dead giveaway).
Rebecca Black may also be an evil genius, using subliminal messaging and social networking sites to take over the world.
It is also possible that she is Satan. Rebecca Black. Sings a song entitled Friday. Friday being the unlucky day of the week. Black being an unlucky colour.
Black Friday.
OH EM GEE
The end is near.
@#$% Cini, me luv ur mind :S
ReplyDeleteWas that statement 12 year old-ish enough?
I loved this, I shared it on my blog, I hope more people see ur insight, and what about her weird back up dancer girl O_O
I actually like the so.. ok, I can't, with hopes of ever having a wonderful afterlife, lie to such an extent.
ReplyDeleteBUT
I think it's really harsh to come down so hard on Ms. Black, when she probably neither wrote the lyrics nor the melody, or had any say in the video, or anything other than what colour skin she should have that day (and she didn't REALLY have THAT MUCH say on that either)
I enjoyed your post tho :)
@ DeadEyes thank you dear :)..btw her weird backup dancer friend is getting quite famous on tumblr, with her awkward dance moves. I foresee a new dance craze in the making o.O
ReplyDelete@footie lolz i agree. Poor girl was probably handed the retarded song and told to sing. After I got past my "OMG WTF" reaction, I actually think it's silly and cute...so bad it's (somewhat) good :D
This is by far one of the most well written post about the song Friday I have ever seen. BTW what ever happened to the bus she was waiting on and how did the pedo black (flo rider wanna be) guy crappy rapper see a school bus at night?_? just so many questions -_- I think a movie is in order
ReplyDeletelol thanks! haha good point...i suspect they were in an alternate universe..that may explain the strangeness of it all lololol
ReplyDeleteYes that explains everything and here I was thinking they all had a bunch of fog machines in each shot when the smoke was really just sub space particles!! I was a fool for not seeing it sooner Great Scott we need to go Back to the Future! btw I hope this doesn't come across as strange but ur brain is amazing
ReplyDeleteHAHA thanks...I've actually been told that before, lololol
ReplyDelete