Thursday, December 9, 2010

An Epic Battle


The nightmare began on November 22nd, 2010.

Suddenly, every single person on my friends list was blocked from commenting or ‘liking’ my wall posts. Some assumed that they had been blocked and blocked me in return (steups). Others had miniature heart attacks at not being able to respond. I mean, how can you function without the like/comment buttons?? How would you know that posts are appreciated?? How else can you to gauge your pseudo popularity?? Life had just become very complicated.

I thought about deleting this account and starting another. But then, I’d have lost everything. All my pictures- that I never look at, but keep to show off all my liming and/or to facilitate new friends’ macoing- would be lost. All my wall posts and links would disappear. The horror.

And then I would have the task of adding each and every friend again. There is no guarantee that they would actually accept my desperate friend request (I am speaking to YOU, individual who lets dozens of requests rot in their inbox).

It was clear that action had to be taken. The unfortunate people to whom this occurred banded together in the unimaginatively named group ‘Friends cannot like or comment’. Our confusion and bewilderment bonded us as we tried to figure out what had happened. Apparently we had been chosen for some sort of test. Chosen for what, we didn’t know. To see how long it took for us to go mad? To test if we could survive without the good book? TO FIGHT EVIL?? We will never truly know. But I’d go with the fighting evil option.

Our tiny army of 800 souls fought valiantly against the bug that had befallen us. We inundated Facebook ‘help’ with hundreds of complaints. To show that we were really serious, we used multiple exclamation marks. Like, 3 or 4. YEEAH. ACTION, BABY!!!!

And then, on Wednesday 8th December 2010, Mark Zuckerberg caved. The bug was fixed, and like/comments were allowed once again. The great ‘Friends cannot like/comment’ war was over.

We had won.

All was well.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe your facebook guardian angel, the one who looks after your account back at the headquarters, was eater by a dragen :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God. Not the dragons. ANYTHING BUT THE DRAGONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean... December 8th I hope, unless it was an epic back in times war :P Lol, what sort of freaking test though, how slightly frightening :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes,,DEC 8th..thanks for the correction!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that would have been truly a time turning epic back to the future drama hahaha

    ReplyDelete